Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Introduction to the blog

Hello to all, my name is Derek Bourland and ever since I can remember movies have played a central part of my life. Some of my oldest and fondest memories are the times spent with my mother and sister at the drive in with a 10 gallon bag of popcorn and a six pack of orange soda watching some of the best and worst movies to ever be shown on screen. Movies have the power to make you laugh and weep like a little girl all within the 90 min time frame. They can make you soar in the clouds on a BMX bike with an alien in your basket or watch the woman you love fly away on a plane with another man. Those are only the great ones. Plenty of movies can also make you fall asleep, loathe a certain actor or actress, and maybe even get up and demand your money back from some poor high school girl at the customer service counter of the movie theater.

I will not bore you with a rating system of stars or thumbs. I will basically just tell you if it sucked, worth watching, or must see.

I am a true movie fan; I am not a movie elitist. I do not believe that a movie needs to be either a blockbuster or foreign film to be great, for instance I actually enjoyed the first Fast and Furious.
I will bring you a true movie fans opinion of two movies week, I will not pull punches and I will be honest.

Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoy

Derek Bourland

No comments:

Post a Comment